COVID-19: Contact Tracing Bulletin
20 – 26 July 2020
Welcome to this COVID-19: Contact Tracing Bulletin, compiled by Public Health Scotland’s Knowledge Services team which highlights recent publications and journal articles relating to contact tracing of COVID-19.
Some of the items highlighted in this digest are available with an ATHENS username and password only. NHS staff and partners can obtain an Athens password by registering with Athens. https://www.athensregistration.scot.nhs.uk/
PubMed literature search results
(1) Fu B, Fu X. Clinical characteristics of 11 asymptomatic patients with COVID-19; PMC7205640. Med Clin 2020 07/24; 2020/07;155(2):87-88
(2) George S, Ansari MS, Kalliath A, Khan MJ, Abdullah MS, Asli R, et al. COVID-19 in children in Brunei Darussalam: Higher incidence but mild manifestations. J Med Virol 2020 07/20; 2020/07
(3) Jahnel T, Kernebeck S, Böbel S, Buchner B, Grill E, Hinck S, et al. [Contact-Tracing Apps in Contact Tracing of COVID-19]. Gesundheitswesen 2020 07/21; 2020/07
(4) Mukhsam MH, Jeffree MS, Pang NTP, Syed Abdul Rahim, Syed Sharizman, Omar A, Abdullah MS, et al. A University-Wide Preparedness Effort in the Alert Phase of COVID-19 Incorporating Community Mental Health and Task-Shifting Strategies: Experience from a Bornean Institute of Higher Learning. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2020 07/21; 2020/07
(5) Squeri R, Levita A, Intelisano R, Costa GB, Mancuso G, Grasso L, et al. Correct management and low rate of contagiousness of healthcare workers in a University Hospital in Southern Italy: from contact tracing to serological investigation. Acta bio-medica : Atenei Parmensis 2020 07/20; 2020/07;91(9-):79-86
medRxiv & bioRxiv (pre-prints) search results
(1) Barrat A, Cattuto C, Kivelä M, Lehmann S, Saramäki J. Effect of manual and digital contact tracing on COVID-19 outbreaks: a study on empirical contact data. medRxiv 2020 07/25; 2020/07
(2) Bello-Chavolla O, Antonio-Villa N, Vargas-Vázquez A, Fermín-Martínez CA, Márquez-Salinas A, Bahena-López JP. Profiling pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic cases with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in Mexico City. medRxiv 2020 07/04; 2020/07
(3) Coletti P, Libin P, Petrof O, Willem L, Steven A, Herzog SA, et al. A data-driven metapopulation model for the Belgian COVID-19 epidemic: assessing the impact of lockdown and exit strategies. medRxiv 2020 07/25; 2020/07
(4) Howson E, Kidd S, Sawyer J, Cassar C, Cross D, Lewis T, et al. Preliminary optimisation of a simplified sample preparation method to permit direct detection of SARS-CoV-2 within saliva samples using reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP). medRxiv 2020 07/21; 2020/07
(5) Hu S, Wang W, Wang Y, Litvinova M, Luo K, Ren L, et al. Infectivity, susceptibility, and risk factors associated with SARS-CoV-2 transmission under intensive contact tracing in Hunan, China. medRxiv 2020 07/24; 2020/07
(6) James A, Plank MJ, Binny RN, Hannah K, Hendy SC, Lustig A, et al. A structured model for COVID-19 spread: modelling age and healthcare inequities. medRxiv 2020 05/21; 2020/05
(7) James A, Plank MJ, Binny RN, Lustig A, Steyn N, Hendy S, et al. Successful contact tracing systems for COVID-19 rely on effective quarantine and isolation. medRxiv 2020 06/12; 2020/06
(8) Juneau C, Briand A, Pueyo T, Collazzo P, Potvin L. Effective Contact Tracing for COVID-19: A Systematic Review. medRxiv 2020 07/24; 2020/07
(9) Mettler SK, Maathuis MH. Clinical onset serial interval and diagnostic serial interval of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 in South Korea. medRxiv 2020 05/09; 2020/07
(10) Moreno López JA, Arregui-Garcĺa B, Bentkowski P, Bioglio L, Pinotti F, Boëlle P, et al. Anatomy of digital contact tracing: role of age, transmission setting, adoption and case detection. medRxiv 2020 07/25; 2020/07
(11) Müller S,A., Balmer M, Charlton B, Ewert R, Neumann A, Rakow C, et al. Using mobile phone data for epidemiological simulations of lockdowns: government interventions, behavioral changes, and resulting changes of reinfections. medRxiv 2020 07/24; 2020/07
Obtaining full text journal articles
Please note that the full text of most of these articles can be obtained using an NHS Scotland Athens username and password.
You are eligible for an Athens username and password if you work in Scotland and fall into any of the following categories:
- NHS staff
- Anybody working in partnership with the NHS
You can obtain an Athens username and password by registering with Athens: https://www.athensregistration.scot.nhs.uk/
NHS staff requiring access to full text articles that are not available via this route should contact the library service in their local NHS Board.
Other subscribers should contact us on the number/email address below for further information on how to obtain full text articles.
Knowledge Services Team